With lighter mornings and brighter evenings, Summer is the perfect time to harness the energy of the sun with a daily dose of Yoga! Traditionally, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is practiced 6-days a week – beginning with Sun-Salutations. There are 12 more weeks of summer, which gives you a total of 72 days to absorb the sun’s Summer energy and begin a daily practice.
Benefits of Daily Yoga Practice
Daily practice brings a multitude of health benefits.
- A cleansing process begins at the surface of your skin through the sweat of your pores (I’m talking about internal heat here – not heaters!).
- Ujjayi breath, forward bends, back-bending, twists and inversions give your internal organs a daily wash!
- As your body gets cleaner it naturally gets leaner and lighter.
- Muscles become more defined, flexibility is enhanced, and you begin to move through the world with more balance & grace.
Perhaps the most important life-changing benefit to a daily Ashtanga practice (all classes at IY are Ashtanga-based by the way), is the “daily dose” or rather daily discipline for your mind. For many busy people sitting still and meditating can be challenging & frustrating. Ashtanga in its purest form is a moving and breathing meditation – a meditation on impermanence. Daily cleansing of the mind improves focus and concentration.
Harness the solar energy of the sun inside and out with daily practice.
How to begin a daily yoga practice:
- Begin your Daily Practice with a Bang on 4th of July!
- Did you know our unlimited monthly membership card is now only $120 per month? (less than $4/day)
- Practice Daily on Vacation with Self-Practice Mysore cards
- Practice lighter & brighter with classes from 6:00 am – 6:45 pm weekdays. (see entire schedule)
Here’s one that will go great with the barbequed veggie burgers on the 4th! Light, frothy and packed with protein – and it’s pink (again!) – close enough to red, white and blue. Strawberries are packed with antioxidants and polyphenols. Plus, strawberries promote healthy hair, skin, & increased energy.
Here’s my Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie recipe – Juice, Drink and Glow!
1-2 green apples
1 x large stalk of celery
handful of chopped parsley
1/4-1/2 red beet
1 x cup of strawberries
1 x scoop of whey protein
For Vitamix add 1/2 cup water & 3 ice cubes