Yoga & Indoor Cycling
Enjoy classes at our two side by side studios: Ashtanga Vinyasa based yoga classes at Infinite Yoga AND heart-thumping, calorie torching, cardio workouts with amazing music at CycleOM indoor cycling classes! Complementary programs both with knowledgeable and inspiring teachers.
You can attend our combo classes Ride-Run-Yoga, Cycle2Core or Cycle2Yoga with any IY Class card (not monthly) and we have a special Dual Studio class card if you want to attend all classes in both studios. Learn about the Dual Studio class card here. It does not expire and can be shared with friends.
Check out the class schedules and learn the benefits of yoga and indoor cycling below.
What are the benefits of yoga and indoor cycling?
Benefits of Yoga
(from the American Osteopathic Association)
“As an osteopathic physician, I focus a lot of my efforts on preventive medicine and practices, and in the body’s ability to heal itself,” says Dr. Nevins. “Yoga is a great tool for staying healthy because it is based on similar principles.”
“The relaxation techniques incorporated in yoga can lessen chronic pain, such as lower back pain, arthritis, headaches and carpal tunnel syndrome,” explains Dr. Nevins. “Yoga can also lower blood pressure and reduce insomnia.”
Other physical benefits of yoga include:
- Increased flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and tone
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism
- Weight reduction
- Cardio and circulatory health
- Improved athletic performance
- Protection from injury
Aside from the physical benefits, one of the best benefits of yoga is how it helps a person manage stress, which is known to have devastating effects on the body and mind. “Stress can reveal itself in many ways, including back or neck pain, sleeping problems, headaches, drug abuse, and an inability to concentrate,” says Dr. Nevins. “Yoga can be very effective in developing coping skills and reaching a more positive outlook on life.”
Yoga’s incorporation of meditation and breathing can help improve a person’s mental well-being. “Regular yoga practice creates mental clarity and calmness; increases body awareness; relieves chronic stress patterns; relaxes the mind; centers attention; and sharpens concentration,” says Dr. Nevins. Body- and self-awareness are particularly beneficial, she adds, “because they can help with early detection of physical problems and allow for early preventive action.”
Benefits of indoor cycling and aerobic exercise
(from The Mayo Clinic)
“Aerobic exercise reduces the risk of many conditions, including obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, stroke and certain types of cancer. It may help activate your immune system leaving you less susceptible to minor viral illnesses, such as colds and flu.”
Other benefits include:
- Burning Calories (on average 500 calories per class)
- Improving Cardiovascular Health & Lung Capacity (Better heart health (lower heart rate), cardiac output and increased number and size of blood capillaries)
- Keeping arteries clear (increases good (HDL) and reduced bad (LDL) cholesterol.)
- Effective, low impact workout (Indoor cycling keeps the pressure off your knees and feet, and can help rehabilitate injuries by strengthening the supporting muscles)
- Toning muscles and increasing lean body mass (the large muscle groups in your legs – your thighs, hamstrings, and calves strengthen and tone.)
- Great abdominal workout (Rhythm release tones the abdominal muscles)
- Building stamina (Increased resistance to fatigue)
- Releasing tension (Improves sleep)
- A lot of fun (Improves mood, reduces depression and anxiety levels)
How to use the Dual Studio class card
For Infinite Yoga
If you are new to Infinite Yoga please turn up 10 mins before class to complete a release form. Then simply sign in and check the ‘card’ column. We send out emails every Sunday to anyone who came to class updating them on how many classes they have left.
If you are an existing Infinite Yoga student sign in as normal and check the ‘card’ column.
If you have already been to CycleOM and have an account, just follow the ‘Reserve a Bike’ instructions below. If you are new to CycleOM you will need to set up an account at CycleOM.com first. You can either come 15 minutes early to class and the CycleOM staff will help you – or you can do it yourself by going to CycleOM.com and clicking Sign Up).
Reserve a Bike
To reserve a bike you will need to select a form of payment. When prompted, select “IY Class Card” and click ‘Buy this Series’. Read the notification and ‘Continue to Purchase’. At the top of the payment page enter Promo Code: IYCard and click ‘Apply’. You can then sign up for the class of your choice.